Monday, March 21, 2005

The absolute drudgery of complete sickerness.

This entry has been typed in the midst of a sneezing fit that has spanned at least two minutes and up to 73 sneezes. If I weren't so disconnected from close contact with my magical best friend Advil Cold & Sinus, I might consider checking into that being a fit of the record-breaking variety. Those don't come along just every day, you know. I am barely conscious and should not even really be doing this right now. I may end up typing something completely nonsensical about pigeon hunting and regicide if I don't stop soon.

Silent Hill 4 update: I'm in the hospital now. With those things. Yes. They belch when you hit them with a rusty axe or a shovel. P.S. This is so like one of my family reunions.

Guitar Tab of the Week: This a new feature wherein I hone my musical and guitarrific knowledge by leeching off of the talent of well-established musicians. I'll open with one of my favorite guitar riffs of the century--Soul to Squeeze by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Can we say underrated? Well, I can. This intro kicks my face in everytime I play it:

e:---------------------------------------
B:---------------------------------------
G:------2-----4b54p2-------------2---
D:---2----------------------2h4-------
A:0--------0----------0--0-------------
E:---------------------------------------

e:-----------------------------------------
B:---------------------------------5----------
G:-------2-----------2-----4/6-----6\4--2--
D:----2--------2---------------------------
A:-0--------0-----0-----0------------------
E:-----------------------------------------

e:----------------------------------------------------------------
B:----------------------------------------------------------------
G:-------2-----4b5p2-------------2---------2----------------------
D:----2---------------------2h4---------2--------2-----2----0-----
A:-0--------0---------0--0-----------0--------0-----0-------------
E:-----------------------------------------------------------3-----3--

e:-----------------------------------
B:-----------------------------------
G:--------2-----4b5p2-------------2--
D:-----2---------------------2h4-----
A:--0--------0---------0--0----------
E:-----------------------------------

e:----------------------------------------
B:---------------------------------5--------
G:--------2-----------------4/6-----6p4p2-
D:-----2--------2-----2-------------------
A:--0--------0-----0-----0----------------
E:----------------------------------------

e:-----------------------------------
B:-----------------------------------
G:--------2-----4b5p2-------------2--
D:-----2---------------------2h4-----
A:--0--------0---------0--0----------
E:-----------------------------------

So there you have it. That sound you hear is your cerebellum fusing to your skull as your brain attempts to wrap around the awesomeness of the above tablature. And I didn't even post the second half of the riff! Or the solo! I have to wear a helmet when I play the solo because things around me become charged with awesomeness and start exploding. One time I played the solo for Kristina and she had four seizures followed by an epiphany and then two more seizures. So. Be careful with that.

Anyways. My home-ees and home-ettes. Keep it locked down for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ciberblade said...

Oh...yeah! You have to watch those John Frusciante riffs! I had to read half the tab and then take a break before reading the rest :p :D

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home